Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Stories



November 14, 2006


Hi Neighbors:

Please keep sending your stories!!!  Also, this is VERY IMPORTANT - we need to know if you have had your illness confirmed by your doctor that it was due to chemical exp0sure - this is vital for our future -  Congressman Westmoreland's office is requesting this information to take to the CDC!!!!

I thank God for our community - one that stands for what is right and is willing step out of our comfort zones for the Higher Good!!

Connie



November 14, 2006

The rash is back and also the cramps in my legs. 

 

My feet continually feel like I've worn ill fitting shoes and when I get up to walk I can hardly stand or walk.  The pain only diminishes when I'm not at home for 3 -4 days then becomes extremely painful when I'm back home for a few days.


Annetta Kircher



November 13, 2006


November 9th and 10th I could smell the onion smell at my home in Tyrone.
After being outside for about 2 hours doing yard work, I had a terrible headache and trouble breathing for the rest of the day and the day after. I still have a headache but not as bad as the first 2 days after smelling this.

 

My husband has had a rough time breathing for the past week and still is not getting better.  He relies upon advair to help.  Since we don't have health insurance, we cannot just go the doctor.

 

I tried to put this on the link to get to the other people, but I couldn't get it to work for me.

 

Thanks, Gloria  and Gordon Furr

(Gloria Furr is a Councilwoman of the Tyrone City Council)


November 13, 2006

I moved in off of Lees Lake road on June 29, 2006 on that day a very strong onion like smell was in the area. Later that day I had severe skin rash, nausea, and cramps. This past Friday Nov. 10 2006 the skin rash and the nausea begin to come back. I have schedule a doctors appoint today. People whatever chemicals are being release is harmful to all of us and it must be stop.  Grady Brewer   404-886-0693           



November 13, 2006



Once again tonight we have the strange smells from PSC in the community. There have been numerous reports over past 3 weeks. The smells last week at my house, 1/3 mile from the plant, were a chemical smell. Tonight it's a septic smell with a strange added odor. It was very strong …eye burning strong…at about 9:20PM when I went outside. It was smelled by Ben Nelms of the Citizen about the same time as he was driving by the plant after the Fairburn Council meeting tonight.

 

I am writing this to document the smell and it's being confirmed by Ben Nelms. Often times the smell last a few hours or less and then moves to other area pending wind, so it's hard to document. Ben reported it to Fairburn Fire Dept and they did smell a pungent odor as they called it. The EPD is also on the way. It's now 9:50PM.

 

Many people are having recurring symptoms and a lot apparently over past 3 weeks since the smells have been more frequent again.

 

We must NOT renew the permits this year. I understand they are up for renewal in December if not sooner.

 

This is a real detriment to South Fulton and the entire area. With the new commercial businesses and the new residential communities in the immediate area this is not good for our image let alone our health.

 

Thanks for any help you can give,

 

George Nicholson

 

7985 Spence Rd
Fairburn, Ga 30213
770-964-9403 Home
770-310-3585 Local cell




No comments: