Thursday, November 29, 2007

Community Update and the EPA


Good Afternoon Neighbor:

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!!  I don't know about you but as the years go by the more I have to be thankful for -  I remember my grandfather giving the Thanksgiving prayer when I was in my early 20s it literally (no lie) lasted an hour - now I have a glimpse as to why he had so much to be thankful for - I am even thankful now for the memory of his hour long prayer!!!

One of our dear neighbors Lina Pitts who lives directly behind PSC is very ill and is asking for our community prayers - I am posting her email below.  She is one of the many that continue to suffer with ongoing illness since the release of toxins from PSC.  I can remember going to her house during the event - you literally could not breathe - she had to send her young son to live somewhere else and she would stay with friends as often as she could.  See below:

Hello Connie.  I hope your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am blessed to be here today and I as soliciting everyone's prayers again.  I have been going back and forth to the doctor's.  This time it is not my asthma but something I feel is more serious.  I keep having abnormal kidney test and my blood counts are elevated again.  I have went two weeks straight to have them collect blood work to be sure the testing has been accurate.  I go back this Wednesday.  I as requesting prayers of healing and not that I just get better but to be completely healed from all illness.  When we said that we did not know how we could be affected later on down the road I can truely say that is definetely a fact because my blood was taking back then and I did not have an abnormal kidney test then.  I am thanking you in advance for your prayers now and I know whatever his will is will be done.  Thank you for continuing to be active in the task force.  I will get back active as soon as possible because if we let it die it will continue to happen and we will die right along with it.  Lina

Also, please see the article below - our Vice Chair - April Butler just sent this.  Why would it be that our EPA wants to move backwards on the Environment rather than forward??  Why would they want to relax standards for toxic chemicals rather than strengthen them??  I am really starting to feel that I live in an alternate universe - none of this makes sense!!  I am going to copy this to Congressman Scott's office in hopes that he can enlighten us on what is happening in the Federal Government.



Your neighbor,

Connie




Constance Thomas Biemiller, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
communitytaskforce.org
Web Site - thecommunityvoice.tv
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.






No comments: