Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hearings at the Capitol





Good Morning Neighbor:

I am enclosing my speech below that was given yesterday to the Georgia Senate Oversight Committee.  I must say I am very impressed with this committee - the right questions were being asked and the failure of the EPD to serve our community was totally seen by all of them.   I am so thankful that our Community was asked to participate - your Task Force was very well organized and it is evident as to who knows exactly what has occurred  - US!!!  The non-empathy of our plight was even more exemplified by the "Walk Out" of the EPD when I began my speech - this was publicly noted by the Senate Committee.  There will be future hearings - the next one will occur in January 08.

Your neighbor,  

Connie

P.S.  We are encountering problems downloading the speech - I will send it soon.



Constance Thomas Biemiller, Chairman
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
communitytaskforce.org
Web Site - thecommunityvoice.tv
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.






No comments: