Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Fayette Democrats Have Dared to Do the Right Thing


Good Afternoon Neighbor:

As many of you know, because of our PSC Ordeal I decided sometime ago to run for State Office.  I was attending a Fayette Democrat Holiday gathering this past Sunday Evening and was stunned to see what took place in front of my eyes.  Representative Virgil Fludd came up on stage and handed the Fayette Democrats a Check for $500.00 from Walker Brothers.  I had to collect myself - I thought what is happening here???   Didn't this man just stand with our community against Walker Brothers bringing in a Waste Transfer Station and is this not the very Company who has filed a lawsuit against the City of Fairburn for standing with our community.   As I said in my speech at the State Capitol, does our community really matter???  Is it really okay to back our cause on one hand and then turn around and accept money from the very people who want to harm us???

I made the leadership of the Fayette Democrats aware of all of this and at their Executive Meeting last evening they decided to return the check to Rep. Fludd.  This is a courageous move on their part.  Knowing that I am running against Virgil they could have looked at this with political glasses and gone ahead and accepted the check.  But they very much want to stand by the community and should be commended for doing so.  The Fayette Democratic Party just released their platform - I will paste their link below.  They want to uplift our environment and now we can see they are not only doing this in their words but their actions as well.


Your neighbor,

Connie



Constance Thomas Biemiller, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
communitytaskforce.org
Web Site - thecommunityvoice.tv
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.






No comments: