Monday, November 12, 2007

Emergency Meeting at the Capitol!!!!!!



Good Evening Neighbor:


I heard by mere accident that there are going to be Environmental Hearings regarding the PSC Incident that poisoned our community - the hearings are to be held this Friday from 10-12 at the State Capitol.  It is my understanding that State Senator Ronnie Chance and State House Representative Virgil Fludd have known about these hearings at least since the first of last week because they spoke about them at a gathering in Fayette around that time.  

I have worked feverishly trying to find out information - I have called and sent emails to Ronnie Chance but no returns - I have also emailed Virgil Fludd he emailed back the following:

Connie,

 

I am aware of the hearings but don't have details on the meeting yet. Since I am not the meeting organizer, I can not invite your testimony.

 

Virgil

 


Here was my response

Virgil - if you get information - please inform us.  I am extremely distressed that once again the citizens are having to beg for this information.  I do not understand why the Task Force was not contacted as soon as there was word of these hearings - especially since specific time is being devoted to the PSC incident.  We had to find this information out from someone we do not even know that heard of these hearings at a gathering they attended some time early last week.

Connie


I am beside myself with anger - after all we have been through and not a phone call or an email to tell us that these hearings would be taking place about US!!!!!  I hope that each and everyone of you will lay down whatever you are doing this Friday and get yourself to the Capitol - we must insist and guarantee that OUR VOICES ARE HEARD!!!!!


YOU MUST MAKE A STAND - THESE PEOPLE ARE ELECTED TO SERVE US YET WE ARE NOT A PART OF THEIR DIALOGUE!!!!!!  THINGS WILL ONLY CHANGE IF WE MAKE THEM CHANGE.  WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE - WE HAVE DONE IT BEFORE AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Your Neighbor,

Connie



Constance Thomas Biemiller, Chairman
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
communitytaskforce.org
Web Site - thecommunityvoice.tv
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.






No comments: