Thursday, August 27, 2009

Panel for Chemical Emergencies

Good Evening Neighbor:

I found out today that I have been selected for the National CDC/ATSDR Work Group to reform the way Chemical Emergencies are handled across the nation.  This is absolute validation that you never know where life will take you and that our fight has not been in vain.  I pray for the wisdom and clarity to always say the right words that will make a difference.   

I am deeply concerned that only two community leaders were selected for this panel of 30.  You would think they would at least have one for each state so I guess Dr. McBride and myself and will have to be loud enough for all of us - not a problem!!

Thank you for your many, many nominations.  I am absolutely humbled and want to serve with integrity - knowing that I have your support means more than you know.

Your neighbor,

Connie

Constance L. Thomas (Biemiller), Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: