Monday, August 17, 2009

Mold Emergency and Settlement

Good Evening Neighbor:

Well, once again there was an urgent need today to contact the Environmental Protection Division, Georgia Department of Health and UGA Department of Veterinary Sciences.   A neighbor in Cobb County is presently in the ER for mold exposure - also, her dog suddenly passed away this morning.   We are trying to do all we can to make the agencies who are hired to protect us responsive with regard to immediate treatment for toxic exposure.  The Coles have been living in a tent and staying with friends and family for months due to the mold in their home - they only returned this weekend so that their children could start school.  Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers in the coming hours.  

Several of you have called with regard to the Philip Services Corporation settlement checks and it is my understanding they were mailed out today.  As you all know, I have not been heavily involved in the settlement case so my information is very limited.  

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful summer - it is amazing the difference three years can make.  

Your neighbor,


Constance L. Thomas (Biemiller), Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

No comments: