Monday, August 24, 2009

$4 million

Good Evening Neighbor:

First, let me say how thrilled I am that the $4 million was dispersed among our community last Thursday - I pray that it will benefit you all!  You suffered way more than $4 million and I am supremely reminded of that on this anniversary of Clare Hindman's death - no amount of money will ever amend for her suffering.  I am at the same time extremely saddened for our neighbors who so much needed the money as well but did not receive it because their home was not among the wind pattern on June 29, 2006.  And, in this I say - where is justice???

I want to thank you for the wonderful emails thanking me for my efforts - however - the credit is absolutely not all mine.  We have our stellar Task Force to thank along with Ben Nelms of the The Citizens Newspaper and the many, many people who have helped behind the scenes (true warriors who could not let their faces be known).  

Please know that this fight is not finished and what has happened in the South Fulton and Fayette community should never be forgotten.  I still await my appointment to the CDC's National Conversation on Public Health and Chemical Exposure and the wonderful work that is being done through the Environmental Institute of Georgia does nothing but propel our community forward to a broader vision.

Thank you for being my neighbor and thank you for putting up with three years of emails - I do not know when they will come to an end because there always seems to be something else that needs to be said!!  Or at least I thinks so!!  I think we have 500 to 1000 on this email list - I quit counting a long time ago.  You all are treasures and I always enjoy hearing from you.

Your neighbor,

Connie

Constance L. Thomas (Biemiller), Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: