Thursday, January 10, 2008

SFF Task Force Speech to the State Legislative Delegation of Fulton County


Good Morning Neighbor:

Well, I must say the first thing I would like to change once entering public office is the Parking around the Capitol Building.  In all seriousness, I think all of the parking spaces closest to the capitol should read "Reserved for The Citizens of Georgia".  Citizens should find it easy to make their voices heard and parking should never be a deterrent for doing so.  One of our community members let it be known last night that it took him a full 30 minutes to even get in the building due to the fact that he needed disability assistance in parking and entering- thereby making him late in speaking before the legislators.  However, I must say there were many committed souls there last night - the room was packed!!

I am enclosing my speech below - I think it was well received and as usual our Task Force did an outstanding job in providing detailed packets to educate the legislators about the needs of our community.  
http://www.thecommunityvoice.tv/forums/topic-31871-sff-task-force-speech-to-the-state-legislative-delegation-of-fulton-county

Representative Fludd announced that he would be putting forth Environmental Legislation next week.  This is the second time the Task Force has heard this - the first time was at the Senate hearings where he announced that he was putting forth Environmental Legislation with the input of the Task Force and then passed out copies of his proposal to the Senators.  We were all stunned when we heard this because he has never come to us with any legislation proposal and asked for our input.  To this day none of us have ever even seen a draft of the proposed bill.  We hope that this is a bill we can truly stand behind - we have fought long and hard and now for our name to be used but in reality not ever given a chance to be a part of the process is a travesty in itself.  However, once we do see the bill and the Task Force feels it is something we can stand behind - I personally will do so 10,000 percent even though Rep. Fludd is my opponent.  I made an internal decision a long time ago that I am not running against Representative Fludd but I am running for the People - so that being said anything that benefits the people I will totally get behind and I do not care who takes the credit!!!

Your neighbor,

Connie

Constance Thomas Biemiller, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Web Site - thecommunityvoice.tv
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.







No comments: