Monday, January 21, 2008

Our Very Own Beloved Community


Good Morning Neighbor:

I have often thought that if I had the opportunity to write a book about the tragic event that has taken place in our community, I would also include the absolute beauty of the people whom I am truly blessed to call my neighbors.  Our community exemplifies Martin Luther King, Jr's vision of a beloved community - one that has come together crossing perceived racial, economic and social barriers and we continue down this path to this day.  I personally have been so blessed to continue to meet so many wonderful people - truly kindred spirits who want to make a difference in the lives of others.

I am enclosing an article regarding our community and as you will read some neighbors in our area are dealing with a Corporation who is damaging their homes due to the blasting that takes place at a nearby rock quarry.  Our Task Force will be working with them in the coming weeks to see how we might assist in regaining their quality of life.

Your neighbor,

Connie





As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: