Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pressing for Action in Baltimore

Good Morning Neighbor:

Well, I am off to Baltimore tonight to give my presentation to the National Working Group for Toxic Emergencies tomorrow.  As I was compiling the data, a very, very deep sadness came over me again.  This should have never happened - no one deserves to be harmed in such a way!!  Knowing all I know now and the fact that this is so wrong to the depth of my being  -  I am totally focused on what the goal must be and it must be that the Government realign itself with the citizens they serve and do everything in their power to provide protection.  Our founding fathers would be horrified to see that our Government has aligned itself with corporations.  

As I was talking to Ben Nelms yesterday of The Citizen Newspaper, he reminded me of the FIFRA Act written in 1948 which inherently protects the corporation so it will always has the first out and it leaves it up to the citizen to prove harm.  So this is what we are up against when all is said and done - we must turn our nation back towards the care of the people.  I know this appears a daunting task but I see more and more people willing to take a stand and I truly think the climate is changing.  America has the potential to stand for the higher good of all but it will only be if we decide that change is needed!!!  I have made my decision - how about you?

We still need numerous signatures for our petition!!  I am pasting the link once again below.  Thanks to all those who have signed so far.  


Your neighbor,

Connie


Constance (Biemiller) Thomas, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: