Thursday, June 11, 2009

The "National Conversation" and Your Water

Good morning neighbor:

So glad to see summer here and glad to see fleas on my dogs (yes fleas).  I believe it was Corrie ten Boom in her book "The Hiding Place" that also glorified the flea in the concentration camp because at least she knew she was alive and the same here.  If you will all remember, there were no fleas in the summer of 2006 signaling the physical death of our community if the poisoning did not stop.  We have still lost some of our neighbors, many of our pets and most recently I am beginning to hear of the possibility that we have children born with deformities who were in their mother's womb during the summer of 2006.  So the fight for justice and protection continues.  

Last evening I was told that the Center for Disease Control would be paying my way to participate in "The National Conversation on Chemical Exposure" in D.C. on June 26 - see the link below.  I will go and make whatever stand I can even though I think this "National Conversation" is nothing but a way to appear concerned and to appease the masses that change is on its way.  The fact that they did not invite the very people who testified at our nation's capitol about the atrocities of the ATSDR says that they do not want change and trust me this will be a part of whatever statement I get to make at this meeting.  I only think I am now invited because a few of us barked loud enough that they decided to crack the door a little open to let a few of the "regular people" inside.

Another subject I am deeply concerned about is the letter sent to many of you about toxins in your municipal water.  Dr. Lois Speaker expresses much concern over this and feels you all should be drinking water from an outside source until this problem is resolved.   I have forwarded this information to professionals at GreenLaw http://green-law.org/so that they can also begin to look into this.  It maybe important to have a community meeting so let me know your thoughts and if you received a letter about your drinking water.  It appears to have gone out to residents in the Peachtree City area. 

Remember my quote below - Margaret Mead once said:  Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Your neighbor,

Connie




Constance L. Thomas (Biemiller), Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
www.thecommunityvoice.tv
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: