Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Connie Goes to Washington

Good Morning Neighbor:

I have to say one of my favorite movies has always been "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" and I feel this Friday's scenario will be much like the movie.  However, I am afraid I now lack the naivety that Mr. Smith so bravely held.  And, I ask for your thoughts and prayers as I take this journey for not only our community but for all of our neighbors across America.  So many continue to suffer at the hands of corporate greed and the entrenched evil of doing nothing which many of our governing bodies now extol.

I am pasting the link for the conference and the link for you to sign up for the live webcast of the event on Friday morning.  Please know that you all are with me on this journey and I am humbled and honored to put my best foot forward once again in attempting to make lasting changes for the benefit of us all.  

You neighbor,

Connie




Constance L. Thomas (Biemiller), Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
www.thecommunityvoice.tv
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: