Sunday, July 10, 2011

Community Email

Good Evening Neighbor:
 
Well, I thought my computer was fixed awhile back but shortly after my last community email it totally died.  So I purchased a MacBook Air and Apple was able to transfer all of my addresses and emails onto this computer last week so I am in heaven.  They talked about how ancient my IBook was but I had to stop them there - I said this little computer helped to shut down the operations of a corporation that brought harm to people and I will be forever grateful for its use.
 
I am extremely excited to share the article below.  I hope it will give you a great understanding of all we are accomplishing.  Our community story is making a difference in this world and I want you to know this. 
 

http://www.thecitizen.com/arti cles/06-29-2011/national-clear inghouse-chemical-exposure-fay ette-idea

 
The next step is to make sure congress expands Poison Control rather than cut it.  I am going to request that the National Conversation Leadership Committee hold a final gathering in D.C. so everyone might have a chance to attend this meeting and vocalize the importance of taking action on the final report.  This will also give us a chance to contact key congressional people and lobby for Recommendation 7.3.
 
Also, our Task Force will meet in the very near future to outline a strategy to make sure PSC is not allowed to apply for a new permit in 2012.  If you would like to be a part of our strategy team, please let me know. 
 
I hope you all are having a wonderful summer!
 
Your Neighbor,
 
Connie


Constance Biemiller Thomas
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. 904-553-4336
FB Group - Environmental Neighbor

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: