Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The National Journey Begins

Good Morning Neighbor:

Well, it appears the first time I will meet the panel I am working with on Chemical Emergencies will be through a conference call the first week of October.  I will then fly to Baltimore, Maryland in November for our first face-to-face meeting.  I am so blessed that Ben Nelms wrote the article below that will come out in the paper today - he truly validates the impact I will be trying to make on this journey.  


Also, I am extremely excited about the impact that the Environmental Institute of Georgia is having on our local community with the upcoming dedication of the Fairburn Nature Preserve and our Rivers Alive cleanup.  I encourage you all to visit our home page at www.eiog.org to learn more about all that is taking place to improve the quality of life of Georgians.  

Your neighbor,

Connie

Constance L. Thomas, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Ph. -770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.




No comments: