South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
P.O. Box 1593
Fairburn, GA 30213
From: "National Conversation (CDC)" <email@example.com>Date: July 6, 2009 4:20:25 PM EDTSubject: National Conversation Work Group Nomination Process: Deadline 07/20/09
**Please distribute widely**
National Conversation on Public Health and Chemical Exposures
Call for Work Group Membership Nominations
Submit nominations at
Deadline: July 20, 2009
RESOLVE, a non-profit organization specializing in consensus building in public decision making, and CDC's National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) are currently accepting nominations for membership on the National Conversation on Public Health and Chemical Exposures work groups.
We are seeking individuals with expertise, experience and/or interest in the following work group topics:
- Monitoring: collecting information on chemical use, exposure pathways, exposure levels, and health outcomes;
- Scientific Understanding: filling knowledge gaps on the health effects of chemicals;
- Policies and Practices: reducing harmful chemical exposures and adverse health outcomes, eliminating inequities, and spurring the development and use of safer alternatives;
- Chemical Emergencies: preventing, preparing for, and responding to acute chemical incidents;
- Serving Communities: addressing local chemical exposure concerns to promote environmental justice and improve health, and
- Education and Communication: ensuring a well-informed public and a competent network of health care providers.
Please visit www.2009nationalconversation.com to learn more about work group responsibilities and to submit a work group membership nomination.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF NOMINATIONS – JULY 20, 2009
Our apologies if this information has already reached you.