Friday, September 12, 2008

SETTLEMENT IN PSC CLASS ACTION CASE


Good Afternoon Neighbor:

Scott Zahler, Atty. for the Class Action Lawsuit against Phillip Services Corporation phoned Ben Nelms of the Fayette Citizen to publicly announce that a settlement has been reached.  I am including his brief article below as more details are known in the coming days he will post that as well and I will send it forward.  I am extremely disappointed in the minimal amount of a $4 million settlement that was reached due to loss of use of property rather than due to illness.  The next question is those that have been ill might be able to take a health case forward - it is hopeful that this is so.  I will forward any further information I have to you as soon as possible. 


Your neighbor,

Connie

P.S.  If you email me and I do not respond right away it is because my internet has been intermittently working.  I am sitting at Laurie Turkel's house at this moment to send out this email.  Thank goodness for a computer guru on our Task Force.  

Connie Thomas Biemiller, Chair
South Fulton and Fayette Community Task Force
Environmental Institute of Georgia
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.







Connie Thomas Biemiller, Chair
Environmental Institute of Georgia
770-314-6999

As Margaret Mead once said:

Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.





No comments: